Kessingland Library Writing Group is an informal group for creative writers to get together, to share ideas, and get inspiration. We meet every 4 weeks on a Wednesday (our 2014 dates are below), from 10:30 to 11:30. Anyone of any writing ability is welcome to come along. If you would like to find out more information, please contact me on here or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 2014 - Session Task: Five minutes of free writing on any topic, and to write about something that had happened over the past week. Homework Task: To write about a place using all five senses.
- February 2014 - Session Task: To write a story including 6 random words provided by members of the group. Homework Task: To fill in blank dialogue comic strips, and to write a scene which only contains dialogue.
- March 2014 - Session Task: To write twelve haiku based on each month of the year. Homework Task: To write a half-rhyme poem.
- April 2014 - Session Task: To write a letter to yourself from 2nd person perspective. Homework Task: To write a piece inspired by a Picasso portrait.
- May 2014 - Session Task: To write a piece of 'faction' using a real person in a fictional setting. Homework Task: To write a piece inspired by information found on a headstone at a graveyard.
- June 2014 - Session Task: To write a 26 sentence story, where each sentence begins with a different letter of the alphabet. Homework Task: To go for a walk and take note of any signs seen and use those words in a story.