Monday 21 April 2014

R is for ... Random Hand

Today is 21st April, so here is my eighteenth post for the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.  This year I am sharing my musical tastes with you.  I hope I can introduce you to some new bands/artistes, and if you'd like to comment perhaps you could introduce me to some of your favourite bands/artistes beginning with the appropriate letter of the day.  For more music, please have a look at my last.fm profile.

Random Hand

source
Random Hand used to be label mates with a few of my favourite bands (Sonic Boom Six, Mouthwash, The Skints), and would regularly go on tour together.  I can't remember when I saw Random Hand for the first time, but I knew they would be a band that I'd like, mainly because the lead singer plays the trombone.

They're a combination of punk and ska, with some rock thrown in for good measure.  I would advise you though, if you do go to see them live, stand at the back or you may get dragged into a circle pit, from which there is no escape!



*****

Honourable Mentions -

Rise Against - I was introduced to this band by an ex-boyfriend.  Although they are a hardcore/punk band, they've done a couple of softer songs which are beautiful.  Wrap your ears around Roadside.

Rammstein - Although I did well in my German GCSE, I really can't remember much other than to ask what someone did at the weekend.  This doesn't stop me making up words that sound similar to those being sung by these guys.  Wrap your ears around Sonne.

Radio 4 - This is another band that I found at Indie Soc club nights at university.  Any music which makes me dance is always a good thing (not that I'm very good at dancing!).  Wrap your ears around Dance to the Underground.

*****

What R bands/artistes do you like listening to?

2013 A-Z Challenge post - R is for Rime Pour L'Oeil

No comments:

Post a Comment