Monday 10 June 2013

Yay For Netflix

This week's prompt for Jackie and Dani's Express Yourself bloghop is ...

What are the last two movies you saw?

I think there's a semantic difference between 'seeing films' and 'watching films'.  For me, 'seeing' a film takes place at the cinema, and 'watching' a film takes place at home.

As I haven't been to the cinema in absolutely ages, I can't remember the last films I 'saw', so I'm going to write about the last films I watched at home.

This past week or so, I've been nursing a cold.  I know a cold isn't life threatening, but I haven't been unwell in a very long time, so it's a bit of a shock to the system.  Whenever I have a cold, I curl up under the duvet on the sofa and watch films.  And when I say 'watch', I mean that I start the film, watch the first few minutes, and then fall asleep!

So here's a selection of films that I've watched (fallen asleep to) over the past week.










I don't have a particular taste in films.  I give pretty much anything a go, apart from really gruesome, bloody, violent things.  I've never watched any of the Hostel or Saw films, and I don't think I ever will.  Sometimes I want something silly and other times I want something scary.  But when I'm ill, I do tend to veer towards children's films as it reminds me of when I was little and was suffering with all of those horrible childhood illnesses.  I'd have time off school and spend the whole time off in my pyjamas, on the sofa, under the duvet, with an unlimited supply of Lucozade.  Mum would go to the video shop and pick up a variety of films to keep my company during my period of debilitation.

And now, thanks to Netflix, I have a video shop in my living room!

2 comments:

  1. I used to love lady and the tramp so much as a kid that my mum had to keep replacing our video of it as I would burn it out lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the joy of VHS! I remember watching films over and over again, and the tape would stretch and the images on the screen would distort. Children nowadays will never know what that's like!

      Delete