Sunday 19 May 2013

Five Of A Few

It's a lovely, sunny Sunday, and what better than to spread some blogging love, with the Blog Every Day In May challenge.

Day 19, Sunday: Five of your favorite blogs and what you love about them

I'm not a blogger who has a bunch of blogging buddies.  Mainly because I'm still getting used to the whole blogging malarkey.  I'm still trying to build a fan base, and meet other like-minded bloggers.  Taking part in challenges has opened doors to visiting other blogs and finding some interesting stuff floating around the blogosphere.  I'm slowly building up my blog-roll, and making sure that I regularly pay visits to blogs, and comment on posts that I like.



I first came across this blog through someone who goes to my writing group.  I was talking about building myself a platform as a writer, and finding ways of promoting myself around the internet.  He suggested I get in contact with Morgen who does author interviews.  Even though I hadn't published anything at the time, I sent her an e-mail asking her if she would interview me, and she said she would.  She puts together great interviews for up and coming authors, as well as those already established in the business.  As well as interviews, her blog contains LOADS of information for writers, such as writing prompts, competition information, book reviews, guest blogs, and so much more.  No matter what your writing status, this blog contains enough information to keep you busy for a while.



The A-Z Challenge has a lot to answer for.  By participating in that challenge, I was introduced to new and interesting blogs.  Vik started up the Celebrate The Small Things blog hop.  I think this is a great blog hop and deserves more attention than it's getting.  Every week, on a Friday, we look back over the past seven days and take note of the things worth celebrating.  I know that we all have a grumble and a moan about things, but when do we really give thanks for all the good things happening in our lives?  For this blog hop you can celebrate getting a new job, passing your exams, being accepted into university, having a baby, but if nothing big has happened, you can celebrate the good weather, having written a new chapter for your novel, meeting a friend for lunch, buying a new pair of shoes.  In fact, you have the freedom to celebrate anything that you think is worthy of celebration.



Anyone who knows me will know how much I love grammar.  I'n far from perfect myself, but I do enjoy correcting other people when they get it wrong!  During the A-Z Challenge I came across this blog, and found Tex's grammar lessons extremely well written, funny, and, above all, informative.  Plus, he enlists the help of grammaticats.  What could be better than a combination of grammar and cats?  Nothing, that's what!



Again, I found this little gem during April.  I love me a funny, little cartoon, and Hayley draws funny, little cartoons.  From what I can gather, the main characters are based on her and her husband, and the stories are about their lives.  They're quite simple but really funny, especially the expressions on the people's faces.  Well worth having a look if you're after a quick giggle.



Another A-Z discovery.  When I was younger I used to write a lot of poetry, but then I fell out of love with it and went on to write prose.  I do miss my poetry days.  Violet writes a lot of poetry using a lot of different forms (haiku, acrostic, tyburn, pictoral, and so much more).  Some styles I'd heard of, and some I hadn't.  I haven't picked up my poetry pen in a long time, but when I do I will be trying out some of the poetic forms introduced to me by Violet.

2 comments:

  1. It is hard to break into the blogging world and find your way around. Well, I'm glad to have met you, and hope to visit more often. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete